Washing is an activity that is part of our routine. And no matter how hard you try to postpone this moment - or leave it to someone else - then you will have no choice but to wash your clothes yourself.
At that moment the question then arises: What is the best technique to use? The hand? In the machine? Dry? Leave to soak?
To help you with this quest, we separate some important information from how you can wash your clothes. Check out!
Ways of washing clothes
1. By hand
Some pieces of clothing can not be washed in the machine. For being too delicate, for dropping ink, etc. In this case the ideal is to wash by hand.
For this you will need a tank with lid, water and soap, a bucket in case you need to soak and a washing board.
Wet clothing with tap water. Then, with a stone soap, rub the dirtiest regions, like the armpits and the cuffs of a shirt, for example. Use the washing board to help you rub, but do not over-force if the fabric is more sensitive.
Finally rinse with the help of the bucket or the tank filled with water. Twist the piece and then leave it in a bowl or bucket along with the other clothes that will be put to dry.
2. In the machine
Separate the clothes you intend to wash. Be careful not to exceed the maximum weight of the machine. Put the parts inside the washer. Add the powdered soap and whatever else you plan to use in the washing in the indicated places of the washing machine.
Choose the ideal cycle for the type of clothes you are washing and plug the washer into the outlet.
3 Tips for Preparing the Wash
- Separate the clothes you intend to wash. It is interesting to separate by color and type of fabric, so that you do not stain the parts and can use a standard washing machine cycle.
- Check symbols on clothing labels. There you will find out if they can be wiped, if they can be washed in the machine, if they should be washed in the dry, if they are delicate, if they should be washed in hot or cold water and so on.
- Choose the water temperature. If it is in the machine, simply select the"cold water"or"hot water"button. If you are going to wash your hand and need hot water, you should warm up some water and put it in a bowl.
Washing cycles X types of clothes
If the idea is to use the washing machine, it is interesting to know which are the most common washing cycles and what kind of clothes are indicated:
1. Regular or normal
Ideal for washing white or light clothes.
2. Moderate or soft
Indicated for delicate clothes such as shirts, underwear and silk pieces.
Ideal for clothes that are not so dirty. Can be used with any garment except delicate garments.
Turned onto clothes that are dirtier and need a wash with hot and cold water. The cycle in this case is usually longer. It is also interesting for the colorful clothes as it helps to make the color more vivid.
Drying of clothes
After you finish washing your clothes it is time to put them to dry. First of all it is interesting to check on the label if the parts can be exposed directly to the sun or if they should dry in the shade.
This type of drying is suitable for those who live in the house and has a space in the back to allow the clothes to dry in the open air, be exposed to the sun or shade.
Clothes that knead easy, like shirts, or more delicate clothes that can spoil - if they were hung with wooden clips, should be hung on hangers on the clothesline. This can even make it easier to pass the piece, especially in the case of shirts.
The internal or removable clothesline can be used to dry the clothes. You can put them to dry without the use of preachers or with them. It is ideal for easier-to-iron parts.
Those who have a dryer at home can count on it to dry their clothes faster. Before check the label the maximum temperature that the parts can be exposed and can be dried in a dryer.
The heavy duty cycle is ideal for white garments, customized for the colored ones and the delicate for all the parts that have also gone through the gentle or delicate washing in the machine.
How to Wash Clothes: 9 Important Recommendations
- Choose a washing machine according to your needs. Whoever washes the least clothes can work with an 8kg while those who need to wash larger quantities may prefer those of 15kg.
- If you are going to wash the clothes by hand it is interesting to bet on a mild detergent or neutral soap. If you are to machine wash, bet on the soap powder.
- Follow the instructions on the packaging about the correct amount of laundry soap or detergent to be used in the washes.
- Only put fabric softener on clothing that allows the product to be used. In addition, use the space indicated by the machine and the quantity indicated by the manufacturer. Generally one cap per wash is sufficient.
- Use a protective clothing bag for the most delicate parts that are washed in the machine.
- Do not overload the washer. Always respect the maximum number of pounds allowed.
- Before washing your clothes, see if you left anything inside pockets of pants, shorts, shirts and blouses.
- New clothes or stronger tones may need to be washed separately the first few times as they may lose color. If you do not want to wash your hand you can wash them along with other pieces of the same color to avoid stains.
- As soon as you finish washing clothes, hang them on the clothesline or take them to the dryer. Leaving wet clothes standing on the machine or in a bucket can make them moist and smell unpleasant.
We hope these tips will help you wash your clothes, whether with the washing machine or by hand. The result is one we love: a pile of cheesy, fluffy clothes ready to use again!