One of the most exciting moments of gestation is to find out the sex of the baby. And this special moment became a party theme. Revelation tea, as it became known in Brazil, originated there in the United States, but it was only a little more than five years since it began to thrive here as well.
Basically, the tea works like this: parents gather friends and close relatives and reveal, through play, the sex of the baby. But the great detail of the party is that the parents also do not know if the baby is a girl or a boy.
If you liked the idea and want to make tea like that or are preparing for some special pregnancy, keep following this post that we will give you incredible tips and ideas to make an unforgettable revelation tea. Check below:
Tips for Organizing Revealing Tea
- The first thing to do is an ultrasound examination to find out the sex, and of course, to be able to reveal it. From 13 weeks it is possible to determine the sex by the exam, but at 16 weeks the probability of success is higher. Blood or urine tests can reveal the baby's sex from eight weeks, yet they are much more expensive. The ideal is to wait for 16 weeks, so that in addition to ensuring more accurately sex, the chance of him (or her) being close to you is greater, avoiding a sad early loss.
- At the time of the examination explain to the doctor the intention to reveal the sex during the tea, so he gives no clue. Take a friend, a sister or your mother with you on the day of the examination so the doctor will only trust her with the secret and ask the person to maintain absolute confidentiality. She will become responsible for the tea and it will be up to her to organize the moment of the revelation.
- After the above step, choose the date, time and place to make the tea. Generally, revelation tea is held in the afternoon on weekends. If you have space in your house, consider making tea in it, giving a more intimate and cozy atmosphere to the small party. If not, find a suitable place. Remember that tea is for few people and so it is not necessary to think of a very large place. One tip is to do it outdoors, taking advantage of the natural beauty as party decoration.
- Start distributing invitations. If you have already thought about the possible names of the baby, put them on the invitation to sharpen the curiosity of the guests. Otherwise just leave as a boy or a girl. Invitations can be printed or sent virtually via applications such as WhatsApp.
- The colors of the invitation should follow the colors of the party. The most common in revelation teas is to use double pink and blue - featuring girls and boys respectively - but you can get away from the obvious using other colors like green, lilac, yellow and orange, for example. The pastel tones are excellent for this type of decoration, they are soft and neutral.
- Exam done, invitations sent, now is the time to focus on the party decoration. The tea may have two base colors, previously chosen for the making of the invitations, or it may be all colored, but it is important to set one color for the male and one color for the female, since most forms of revealing the sex of the baby is through the colors.
- Silhouettes of girls and boys, question marks, pacifiers, baby bottles and nameplates can be scattered all over the party.
- Balloons are the face of revelation teas. So, do not be afraid to insert them into the decoration. You can also decorate with ribbons in the chosen colors, flowers, lights and stuffed animals. Do not forget to arrange a table to accommodate the cake and the party candy. And speaking of sweets... skip to the next item!
- Revelation tea without candy is not tea. They are indispensable and carry the colors of the baby's future sex. You can serve cupcakes, chocolates, truffles, macarons, biscuits and assorted sweets. The sweets will impress the guests by taste and beauty.
- In addition to the sweets, think also the salty ones. It is possible to serve salty snacks such as coxinha, rissoles, pies, cheese dumplings, quiches, stuffed straws, pies with pâté, pies with different flavors and what you think is best.
- The drinks can follow the same pattern of party colors. Serve drinks and juices in the colors of the party, such as blue and pink, green and lilac, etc.
Ideas for joking with guests in the revelation tea
Revelation tea needs to be stuffed with jokes to ensure fun and further increase the level of anxiety and curiosity of all. Here are some tips to tease the guests for the revelation tea:
- Collect bets on the sex of the baby. On a blackboard mark how many bets the female had and how many were made for the male sex. After revealing the sex, distribute gifts to the guests who have settled the bet.
- Ask in the invitation that the guests come in color that they believe is the sex of the baby. You set the color for girl and the color for the boy. At the moment of the tea separate the guests by the color of the clothes and create two twisted ones to animate the party.
- If you have not yet defined the name, ask for suggestions for the guests. Leave a notebook for them to give their opinions or, if you prefer, leave some previous suggestions and ask for each name.
Ideas on how to reveal the sex of the baby in tea revelation
The most awaited moment of tea must be thought with a lot of affection, because, with all certainty, it will excite to all. Remember that this part of the party is the responsibility of the guardian of the secret. Here are some tips on revealing sex in teasers:
- Cake is the most traditional form of revelation. On the outside it is unisex, with details in the colors of the party - blue, pink, lilac, green - and, on the inside, it brings the color defined by the parents for sex. The most common is the mass and blue filling if the baby is boy or pink, if it is a little girl.
- Another way to reveal sex is with gas balloons. You can use a large box of cardboard or a chest to keep them inside. When they are opened, the balloons will color the sky with the color of the baby's sex.
- Bet even on the option of filling party balloons with chopped paper the color of the baby's sex. The papal must be under the balloon and when it is burst the papers will give a bath in all, revealing the secret.
- And how about blindfolding the eyes of the dads, painting their hands on the color of the baby's sex and stamping them on a white shirt? In unveiling the eyes everyone will know if it is a boy or a girl and the parents will still have a memory of that day to keep.
60 decorating ideas for a more than perfect revelation tea
Fall in love with beautiful photos of revelation tea to inspire you to make your:
Picture 1 - Sweet cottons on the revealing tea table.
Picture 2 - Ask for help from someone who has a pretty letter to write on the blackboard of the party.
Picture 3 - Black and white in the middle of the traditional blue and pink.
Picture 4 - All white, this tea revelation brings the sexes in plaquinhas with crowns of prince and princess.
Picture 5 - Yellow creates a cheerful and fun contrast in the decoration.
Picture 6 - Tea of revelation in the middle to very green.
Picture 7 - White, golden and a naked cake to decorate the tea.
Picture 8 - White polka dots leave the decoration even more delicate.
Picture 9 - Plaquinhas behind the chairs display the bets of each guest.
Image 10 - Drinks table for the revelation tea.
Image 11 - Delicate flowers, following the colors of the party, decorate the table and the cake.
Picture 12 - Special chair for mom.
Picture 13 - Clean decoration for the tea of revelation.
Picture 14 - Baby ropes can enter the tea decoration.
Picture 15 - Guests can leave messages for new family in paper clothes.
Image 16 - Abuse of colors for the decoration of the tea of revelation, including in the drinks.
Image 17 - Gum balloons, confetti and flowers.
Picture 18 - Cookies in the form of pacifiers and other baby things.
Picture 19 - Revelation with blue smoke and balloon letters with the sex of the baby.
Image 20 - Let the guests themselves assemble their snacks.
Picture 21 - Scoreboard: boy in front.
Image 22 - Cups with stickers; you can do it yourself.
Picture 23 - Pink confetti announce the new little girl of the piece.
Image 24 - If the budget is short, use balloons; they are cheap and leave the decor beautiful.
Picture 25 - It's a boy!
Image 26 - Sweets for them and sweets for them.
Image 27 - Stuffed cupcake reveals the sex of the baby.
Picture 28 - Crayons in tea decoration.
Image 29 - Revelation tea in rustic style.
Image 30 - Letter balloons are also a good request in decoration.
Picture 31 - In a country atmosphere.
Image 32 - Blue and pink donuts fill the eyes and the palate of the guests.
Image 33 - Suggestions of names on the board.
Image 34 - Baby bottles, rattles and other objects from the children's world are the inspiration for the decoration.
Image 35 - Confectionery wafers to brighten up the party.
Image 36 - In tropical style, this tea escaped the obvious.
Image 37 - A fun roulette to welcome the guests.
Picture 38 - Clock counts the time remaining for the baby to arrive.
Image 39 - Explosion of confections and the sex of the baby is revealed.
Image 40 - Question mark reflects everyone's doubt.
Image 41 - Soft pastel decoration for teas of revelation.
Image 42 - The great doubt expressed in the black balloon.
Picture 43 - Colored cups support the mini bladders.
Image 44 - Ties or Ties? Each guest gives their guess by choosing between the two.
Image 45 - Donuts in the decoration.
Picture 46 - Even the glasses can be decorated.
Picture 47 - Box keeps the great secret.
Image 48 - Revelation tea on the beach.
Image 49 - Stuffed biscuits and, of course, with boy and girl colors.
Picture 50 - Simple but full of effect in the decoration.
Picture 51 - Picture at the reception shows the doubt of the parents.
Image 52 - Chocolate cake for the moment of revelation.
Image 53 - Revelation tea with colors and citrus fruits.
Picture 54 - Mark in the invitation the intent of the tea so that people do not confuse with baby shower.
Picture 55 - From inside the fireplace leave blue and pink balloons.
Image 56 - Green and yellow in the decoration of this revelation tea.
Image 57 - Which side are you on?
Image 58 - Green and lilac have left the decoration of this lovely revelation tea.
Image 59 - If the intention is to serve a complete meal, accommodate your guests at a special table.
Image 60 - Golden is a wild color for a more sophisticated decoration.