At sofa pillows are objects that provide both comfort and décor for your living room - they are capable of transforming any dull environment into a totally different room without the need to purchase a new furniture every time we want the renovation of the room. Those are the details that fill when the environment seems a bit"empty", and leave everything more cozy.
With different types of sofa pillows , you can create varied effects for your space, making it more cozy, more playful, more sober or more fun.
Now that you know the full potential of these objects is the question:"How to choose cushions for the sofa?".
Essential Tips on How to Choose Cushions for the Sofa
With that in mind, we've separated some tips to help you with this task and make the choice of details much easier:
- Mix textures and fabrics : This is a part that does not have many rules when it comes to combining, because blends enrich the environment. The main indication is that the texture of the cushions is different from the texture of the sofa to bring the feeling of warmth and comfort without leaving everything so loaded. In addition, you can explore and play with different fabrics with patterns, patterns and different textures when decorating.
- Proportion and harmony in the choice of size and quantity : The size of the pillows should be in harmony with the size of the sofa backrest. With this in mind and not exceeding the size of the backrest, you can arrange the cushions in varying sizes from the largest to the smallest. Another important point is the number of pillows to be placed: normally in living rooms, the ideal amount does not exceed half of the sofa, but since there is no rule, you can compose with many of them or a reduced number of items.
- Mescle tones of the color you chose for your sofa : Recommended for sofas with stronger colors, the famous tone-on-tone technique will help you create a harmonious environment using the color palette of the sofa itself, just switch lighter and / or darker shades.
- Use the color wheel in your favor : The chromatic circle will help you avoid that feeling that nothing is matching anything. Through the concepts of analog and complementary colors the color combination of the cushions becomes much easier.
- Give more prominence with vibrant tones for your neutral sofa : Sofas in neutral colors like gray and beige basically match any pattern, color or texture you imagine. Instead of using the color palette itself on these neutral sofas, you can use strong, contrasting colors, be they more vivid or a composition with black and white. The main point here is the highlight and the personality for those perfect backgrounds.
- Dare with mix of prints : the possibility of blending prints is almost infinite, but some care must be taken not to leave everything too heavily loaded. You can combine stamped pillows with other smooth ones or use different patterns that have something in common such as color or geometric patterning, for example.
- More personality for your room : fun cushions with prints and varied shapes are another possibility in the decoration, because they give a touch of humor and personality to your sofa and your room with references to bands, movies and objects that leave the atmosphere with your face.
60 pillow inspirations for couch in rooms and decorated environments
Now that you've checked out the most general tips, keep an eye on the inspirations of environments and compositions you can do with sofa pillows and begin to plan the transformation of your environments at home:
Picture 1 - Combine different and colorful patterns talking with the decoration of the environment.
Picture 3 - Different textures, sizes and patterns to bring more coziness to your room.
Picture 4 - Two small cushions in the same color of the sofa to open more space in the environment.
Picture 5 - Use the color wheel to find complementary and analog colors to match your cushions.
Picture 6 - For cushions of more neutral colors and without print, try to mix textures of different fabrics to compose.
Image 7 - Also place shapes and prints inspired by geometric shapes.
Picture 8 - Cushion wheel: shapes and prints of the cushions giving theme and personality to your room.
Picture 9 - Stamped pillows with vibrant tones for a sofa in solid color.
Picture 10 - Talk to other items in the story: especially in color, it is possible to create a coherent and fun environment.
Image 11 - When mixing prints, do not be afraid to combine organic and geometric shapes.
Image 12 - Another type of themed combination: minimalist trees in a Scandinavian style.
Picture 13 - You can also combine the pair of neutral sofa cushions with an armchair in the same print.
Picture 14 - Neutral sofa, cushions full of life to bring more color and joy to your home.
Image 15 - Light colors make an optimum composition on a darker gray background.
Picture 16 - Cold and sober colors on the cushions and a clear sofa brings a more serious tone to the environment.
Picture 17 - Another example of a simpler background with vibrant colors: brown leather and cushions in vivid blue details.
Picture 18 - Use lighter variations of the chosen tones to compose with a neutral sofa.
Picture 19 - Vivid colors that match the little plants: variations of natural tones, such as green and brown, create a great atmosphere with its urban jungle style room.
Picture 20 - From the picture to the life: compose with the colors of the objects of decoration of your room.
Picture 21 - Make a collection of tones that are present in your environment and transpose to the fabric of your pillows.
Figure 22: For small spaces, you can combine the pillow tones with detail colors of other environments.
Picture 23 - Do not be afraid to compose with prints and completely different color palette.
Picture 24 - Of everything a little: neutral cushions combined with prints, fringes and outstanding textures.
Picture 25 - In addition to several materials, compose with several shades of the chosen scale.
Picture 26 - On a sofa with stronger color, use cushions in neutral tones, like black and white.
Picture 27 - From the carpet to the little plant in the corner of the room, the references are all on the sofa.
Image 28 - Tropical cushions: shapes and textures that make you want to tighten.
Picture 29 - Explore the fabrics: pillows with different colors and textures.
Picture 30 - Dare with colors: everything colored to fill the house with joy.
Image 31 - Geometric pattern for a B & W decoration.
Picture 32 - For a neutral sofa, combine cushions in p & b and colored.
Picture 33 - Use fabrics that have different textures and patterns on each pillow.
Image 34 - Pattern and gradient: cushions matching the room's p & b tone
Picture 35 - On the colored sofa, invest in cushions with grayscale patterns.
Picture 36 - Colored prints always give a more cheerful and fun tone to your room.
Image 37 - Geometric patterns with white and various colors on a colored sofa.
Picture 38 - Even in more neutral environments, the colored pillows can match very well
Picture 39 - Think of different sizes to give a rhythm to the view of your sofa.
Picture 40 - Solitary: a different cushion of the others gains prominence in the environment.
Picture 41 - Another example of pillows that work with the colors of the environment.
Picture 42 - Compose with light tones: pillows with various geometric patterns.
Picture 43 - Landscapes to relax: different printed fabrics for your cushions.
Image 44 - Artist's cushion: prints that talk and combine to form a composition.
Image 45 - Use different sizes and shapes, especially if you use multiple colors.
Picture 46 - Small environment: the colors of the environment decorating your sofa.
Picture 47 - Cushions in the same tone of the sofa leave the environment more open and relaxed.
Picture 48 - A cozy sofa full of cushions: tone on tone and delicious textures.
Image 49 - Grayscale shades on the white couch and rug in the same style.
Picture 50 - Super Colorful Cozy: fill your sofa with cheerful and different pillows.
Picture 51 - Odd number on the sofa: highlight a central cushion.
Picture 52 - Colorful and cozy in children's space: invest in many colors in the neutral environment.
Picture 53 - Compose in the open air: on the balcony couch, balcony or terrace.
Picture 54 - Use this color palette inspiration to apply the combination on a sofa.
Picture 55 - In a more neutral environment, choose your favorite color to put on the cushions.
Picture 56 - Between colorful and fun: use colorful pillows and personality to decorate your room, even if it already has vibrant colors.
Picture 57 - For vibrant color sofas, use basic tones such as p & b, and lighter tones.
Image 58 - Cushion of the same color as the sofa and colored lines.
Image 59 - Unity and comfort in colors and shapes.
Picture 60 - Sofa bicolor with cushions in the same tones.